Anti-communism references needed (multiple posts)

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 14:41:32 -0400

(1)
Sender: Stephen R Denney <sdenney@uclink.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: Need reference (anti-communism)

Masters of Deceit, was one of his books about communism, probably the
best known. I don't recall any others by him.
- Steve Denney
sdenney@uclink.berkeley.edu

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Nina Daneshvar wrote:

> When I was doing some research on the FBI, I came across three books that
> were written by J. Edgar Hoover about the inherent evils of communism.
> The language was very intense, and I doubt you would be able to find more
> powerful anti-communistic sentiments that the ones Hoover offers. I
> don't recall the titles of the books, but if you can't find them, I can
>
> Regards,
> Nina Daneshvar
> Department of Political Science
> University of California, Irvine
> nadanesh@ea.oac.uci.edu

(2)
Sender: ezekiel@univ-paris12.fr (Judith Ezekiel)
Subject: Re: anticommunism

I don't know whether this holds true for American students, but when using
writings of J. Edgar Hoover in a class on anticommunism here in France,
students said, in essence, "Gosh, if that's what communism is about, Hoover
was right!" The colleague teaching the class decided to have students read
the Communist Manifesto and other classic texts of Marxism to counter this
reaction.

Judith Ezekiel
ezekiel@univ-paris12.fr

(3)
Sender: Grover Furr <furrg@alpha.montclair.edu>

One of them is _Masters of Deceit_. It was ghost-written for Hoover.

Naturally, not a single word should be accepted as truth!

Grover C. Furr

English Department | Phone: (201) 655-7305
Montclair State University | email:
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043 |

WWW: http://www.shss.montclair.edu/english/furr/homepage.html
** NOTE: new email address 9/1/95: **