Question (fwd)

sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 18:54:08 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 18:47:28 +0800
From: Gregg Casad <gcasad@dcseq.uscga.edu>
To: sixties@jefferson.village.virginia.edu
Subject: Question

Sir/Ma'am,
My name is Gregg Casad and I am a cadet at the United States Coast
Guard Academy. I have come upon a complex task of trying to sum up the
reason for youth rebellions in the 60's and 70's in less than 3 double
spaced pages. I have decided to focus on drugs, litature (poetry), and
music. What I was wondering is if I you might have some information that
is either available over the web or via e-mail which could supply some meat
to my paper. I have some poetry from the beat generation and a few songs
that talk about the atmosphere during the 60's, but I really could use
something to tie them all together. Any information that you could offer
would be appriated. Thank you.
Respectfully,
3/c Gregg Casad
gcasad@dcseq.uscga.edu

Life is too short, our mission to dire, pass knowledge on before you expire.

"A gentleman is a gentleman in virtue of the stuff he is made of. Culture
cannot make gentlemen."
Confucius

"I didn't fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,001 steps."
Edison

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is
where they should be. Now put the foundation under them."
Thoreau

"Look, I really don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if
you're alive, you got to flap your arms and legs, you got to jump around
alot, you got to make a lot of noise, because life is the very opposite of
death."
Mel Brooks

"A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible
labor and there is an invisible labor."
Victor Hugo