Re: ALL Content Selection: I am a Northeastern Universitystudent looking for info on "Memory Jugs"

From: Andrea Notman (notman@fas.harvard.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 18:32:58 CUT

    Courtney:

    Memory jugs sound like they're an American Decorative art object. You may
    need to do more local research at historical institutions and museums that
    have collections of decorative arts. They may not have their material up on
    the web so you may have to resort to traditional means of research.

    Andrea Notman

    >I am very lost. I can find very little information on Memory Jugs. A
    >very unique and wonderful one in located in the Museum of Fine Art in
    >Boston, but they have no background on them as it was given by a private
    >collector with little historical data. Please email me of any sources
    >which might even briefly mention memory jugs. Thank you so much!!
    >Courtney Weida
    >Northeastern University

    Andrea T. Notman
    Registrar for Collections