[adhoc] Re: PC chair, 2006

From: Lisa Lena Opas-Hanninen <lisa.lena.opas-hanninen_at_oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:58:01 +0300

Folks,

Thanks to John for the message and pointing to the relevant documents. I'm in
real rush at the moment (have a student finishing up and needing last minute
stuff for doctorate..), so I've not had time to look at the programme yet to
find a meeting slot (or two), but will do so in the next day or two.

However, I would like to make it known now already that I am very keen on
sorting out the call for papers during Victoria into its final format - since
we are a bit behind, Paris hasn't got any bumpf materials yet and thus I
thought that it would be good if we could iron this out so that the call could
be (possibly) distributed at the very end of the conference - or as close to
that as possible. SO, as John mentioned, could you please look at the previous
call, the documents up on the website, and think about any possible changes we
might have to make to the basic call draft (it's supposed to be a basic
outline, but slightly modified from year to year to reflect what the PC
thinks...). Personally, I'd prefer not to give the conference a theme - I think
the theme of publicising a new name will be more than enough - but I'm waiting
to hear what the rest of you think.

LL