[adhoc] PC chair, 2006

From: John Unsworth <unsworth_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 03:32:25 -0500

Folks,

Under rules agreed upon by ALLC and ACH during the past year, the
program committee chair for the annual joint conference is now
selected by the joint steering committee of the umbrella organization
called ADHO (http://www.digitalhumanities.org/).

The votes in that selection process are now in, and Lisa Lena Opas-
Hänninen is elected chair of the Program Committee for ALLC/ACH 2006--
a conference that will most likely be the first to be known as
Digital Humanities [2006].

Other members of the Program Committee already appointed by their
associations are:

# Alejandro Bia (ALLC)
# Paul Fortier (ALLC)
# Kevin Hawkins (ACH)
# Simon Horobin (ALLC)
# Lorna Hughes (ACH)
# Stéfan Sinclair (ACH)
# John Unsworth (ACH)

Please stay tuned for a request from Lisa Lena to meet during the
conference at Victoria: under normal circumstances, the program
committee for 2006 should already have been convened, but its
progress has been delayed by the transition to new rules of
engagement for ALLC and ACH. As Chair of the ADHO Steering
Committee, I apologize for this delay, and I urge the members of the
Program Committee to make time during the Victoria conference to meet
and get the process started--old hands (of whom there are many on
this committee) will recognize the importance of this opportunity to
meet, coordinate, and plan for the year to come.

I also recommend to the attention of PC members the draft documents at:

http://www.digitalhumanities.org/adho/conferences/
conf.protocol_5.05.html
and
http://www.digitalhumanities.org/adho/conferences/conf.annex_5.05.html

These documents are up for final approval by the ALLC and ACH
executive committees, during their Victoria meetings, hence their
draft status--but it is likely that something like these documents
will govern future conferences, including the one in 2006, so PC
members may wish to familiarize themselves with them before a meeting
in Victoria.

Thanks,

John Unsworth