[adhoc] guidance to ECs, meeting in Victoria

From: John Unsworth <unsworth_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:50:30 -0500

Folks,

I'm still hoping for some discussion (or simply endorsement) of the
proposition that we recommend to both ALLC and ACH executives, with
respect to the two questions posted at the top of the revised
governance protocol, as follows:

1) We recommend that the SC should review best available membership
information from the past year (e.g., December figures from OUP)
before the annual meeting, and then let each executive committee know
how many steering committee members they can appoint, when they meet
at the conference.

2. We recommend that a sentence be inserted in II.7 of the governance
protocol, referencing the conference protocol and annex for specific
rights and responsibilities of the Conference Coordinating Committee.

Also, assuming we get membership information in the next day or two
and are able to follow the advice in #1, above, in the present case,
I'd like to propose that new and continuing SC members meet at the
back of the lecture hall after Ann Balsamo's opening plenary, and
adjourn from there to Felicitas, in the Student Union building, to
hold our first meeting of the 2005-2006 year. Voting members, please
let me know if that is unworkable for any of you. Others on this
list are also welcome.

John