Re: [adhoc] re-voting the conference protocol

From: Harold Short <harold.short_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 17:22:37 +0100

Dear All

>> "The steering committee accepts and will be guided by the conference
>> protocol and its annex, as represented at:
>>
>> http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/conf.protocol_5.05.html
>> http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/conf.annex_5.05.html
>>
>> and recommends them for final approval by the executive bodies of the
>> Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing and the Association
>> for Computing and the Humanities, when those bodies meet in June, at
>> the annual joint conference."

I am sending this message to record my vote, on the above proposition.
I vote in favour.

There are a couple of minor editorial matters which I'd like us to fix
before sending the protocol and annexe on to our Committees, in
particular it seems I failed to replace all the instances of 'regional
chapter' with 'constituent organization', as we did throughout for the
Governance Protocol.

I also take it that we agreed in the exchanges on this list that the
name of the conference would be 'Digital Humanities [year]' as proposed
by Laszlo and others.

If the SC votes in favour of the proposition, then I will do two things:
1. send a note to the ALLC Committee notifying them of our vote and
asking them to look at the conference protocol and annexe.
2. ask the ALLC Committee to propose names for the PC Chair for 2006,
with a view to being able to present these to the SC within a few days.

Best wishes
Harold

Harold Short, Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London, Strand, London WC2R 2LS
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 2739 * Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2980
Web: www.kcl.ac.uk/cch