Re: [adhoc] re-voting the conference protocol

From: John Unsworth <unsworth_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:29:58 -0500

On May 20, 2005, at 11:22 AM, Harold Short wrote:

> There are a couple of minor editorial matters which I'd like us to
> fix before sending the protocol and annexe on to our Committees, in
> particular it seems I failed to replace all the instances of
> 'regional chapter' with 'constituent organization', as we did
> throughout for the Governance Protocol.

I've taken care of that, in the newer of the online versions.

> I also take it that we agreed in the exchanges on this list that
> the name of the conference would be 'Digital Humanities [year]' as
> proposed by Laszlo and others.

If there's disagreement on that, we can certainly discuss it, but I'm
in favor of that proposal because (as I noted) it chimes with the DH
in ADHO.

> If the SC votes in favour of the proposition, then I will do two
> things:
> 1. send a note to the ALLC Committee notifying them of our vote and
> asking them to look at the conference protocol and annexe.
> 2. ask the ALLC Committee to propose names for the PC Chair for
> 2006, with a view to being able to present these to the SC within a
> few days.

That's great--thank you, Harold. Lisa Lena may yet wish to vote, and
there are a few hours yet to midnight GMT, but when the time arrives
I will announce the result and we can move forward.

Thanks, everyone.

John