Fwd: [adhoc] voting issues (new and old)

From: John Unsworth <unsworth_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:50:26 -0500

Time's up, and the following votes have been cast:

In favor of ADHO:

John Unsworth
Laszlo Hunyadi

Not voting:

Harold Short
Lisa Lena Opas-Hanninen

Therefore, a majority of the votes cast were cast for ADHO, so that's
the decision of the steering committee. Harold, Lorna, please
communicate this to the executive boards of ACH and ALLC respectively.

It is now time to put the governing document and the conference
protocol to a vote by the two executives, in keeping with the steps we
agreed upon during our conference call. I don't believe that Harold
has yet been in touch with Julia about changes he wishes to request to
the conference protocol, but I am loathe to delay the process, because
our track record of getting things done on time is already pretty bad,
and we have a number of things we REALLY MUST accomplish before our
AGMs at the conference this summer. I will therefore put the
conference protocol forward for a vote as it stands, if we don't have
changes in hand by the end of this week, which is when we said we'd
present the material for a vote. Harold, if the changes you
contemplate are important, please communicate them to Julia before the
end of the week.

I note that we are also overdue for an update on membership information
(promised March 17, in our conference call), and well overdue now on
suggestions for program committee chair. Please let us focus a bit of
energy on these things in the coming week, and try to move our agenda
forward. I do not want to leave these things for a flurry of poorly
organized activity in the week before the conference.

John

Begin forwarded message: