Re: [adhoc] voting issue: please vote by EOB April 11 (Monday)

From: Lorna Hughes <lorna.hughes_at_nyu.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:21:15 -0500

Dear All,
I put it to the ACH EC. Of the voting members who expressed an
opinion, we had 6 votes for ADHO, and 6 for ICHIO. Not terribly
helpful, I know!
Lorna

>Folks,
>
>During our conference call (see notes at
>http://www3.isrl.uiuc.edu/~unsworth/ifdish-sc.03-15-05.html) we
>agreed that:
>
>Harold and Lorna will put ADHO and ICHIO to a vote (or request a
>sense of the group) by the executive councils of the two
>organizations, and by the 21st of March the sense of each
>organization will be presented to the steering committee, which will
>make the final decision.
>
>Voting members of the steering committee are Harold, Laszlo, Lisa
>Lena, me. March 21st has come and gone, and the best information
>I'm able to gather is that the ALLC Exec expresses a preference for
>ADHO, and the ACH exec is evenly divided. Therefore, I am asking
>voting members to vote yea or nay on this proposition:
>
>The umbrella organization representing ACH and ALLC (and in the
>future, other organizations) will be known as ADHO (Alliance of
>Digital Humanities Organizations).
>
>Please remember that the only other choice on offer is ICHIO (we do
>not want to reopen the question of other names), and please vote by
>the end of business on Monday, April 11th. The results will be
>announced here and to the executives of ACH and ALLC on the 12th,
>based on the majority of votes cast.
>
>I vote yea.
>
>John

Lorna M. Hughes				E-mail: Lorna.Hughes_at_NYU.EDU
Assistant Director for Humanities Computing	Phone: (212) 998 3070
Information Technology Services		Fax:    (212) 995 4120
New York University
251 Mercer Street
New York, NY 10012-1185, USA
http://www.nyu.edu/its/humanities