Re: Umbrella Organisation - Abstract database

From: John Unsworth <unsworth_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:36:56 -0400

On Jun 21, 2004, at 6:34 AM, Elisabeth Burr wrote:

> http://www.leeds.ac.uk/educol/

This is a very nice example of what one could do with a database of
conference abstracts.

> By the way, how about Union of Computing in the Humanities
> Organizations (UCoHO)
>
> or
>
> International Union of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities
> Organisations (IUDiSHO)
>
> or
>
> International Federation of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities
> Organisations (IFDiSHO)

It just doesn't look like we're going to find a name we like, at least
as an acronymn. It's been suggested that we hold a contest, which we
could do (if we had information about members and their addresses...)
or we could just give up and call ourselves

Society of International Geeks in Humanities (SIGH)

john