[adhoc] steering committee conference call

From: John Unsworth <unsworth_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:42:16 -0600

Folks,

I've repurposed this list, from ADHOC planning list to IFDISH Steering
committee list. The current membership of this list includes the
voting members of the steering committee:

Lisa Lena Opas-Hanninen (ALLC)
Laszlo Hunyadi (ALLC)
John Unsworth (ACH, Steering Committee chair)
Harold Short (ALLC)

Non-voting members are Jean Anderson (ALLC Treasurer), Julia Flanders
(Conference Committee Chair), Geoffrey Rockwell (Chair of the
Publications Committee), Lorna Hughes (ACH President), Marilyn Deegan
(Editor, LLC). <b>NB:</b> Ray Siemens is also an ex officio member of
the steering commitee, to represent COCH/COSCH in our discussions. All
of the above are now subscribed to the ADHOC list at Virginia
(adhoc_at_lists.village.virginia.edu, list archives previously at
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archive/adhoc/, but from here
on at http://lists.village.virginia.edu/mailman/private/adhoc/)

In light of the pressing business before us, I would like to convene a
conference call. I propose that at a minimum the voting members plus
Julia and Geoff should take part. Others are welcome if they can
manage the time, but it is essential that at least this subset meet to
get things going. Given time differences, I think a call that took
place at 9 AM central time, 10 AM eastern time, and 3 pm in London, 4
pm in Hungary, and 5 pm in Finland, would seem reasonable. Given the
unlikely possibility of finding a time during the week, in the near
term, I'd propose a saturday call--either the 12th of February (this
saturday), the 19th (a week from this Saturday), or the 26th (the week
after that). Please respond offline, at least Harold, Lisa-Lena,
Laszlo, Geoff, and Julia, to tell me if one or more of those days
works.

I've attached an agenda for that call, worth reviewing to get up to
speed beforehand, and probably worth discussing on this list as well.

John Unsworth