Re: Publications

From: Julia Flanders (Julia_Flanders@brown.edu)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 15:56:07 EDT

    This publication report is very thorough and impressive!

    I wonder whether it might be useful to mention more explicitly the
    question of whether the online journal will be free or
    subscription-based. I know that the request for proposals indicates
    that proposals should discuss how the journal would be financed, but
    if the COHCO (IFDISH? whatever) group has any prior intuitions about
    this, it would be good if they could be made clear; I think it would
    focus the proposals more effectively. Has there in fact been any
    discussion among the publications committee on this topic? any
    conclusions?

    Otherwise I think this is great.

    best wishes, Julia