Re: Publications

From: Geoffrey Rockwell (grockwel@mcmaster.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 16:44:32 EDT

    My intuition is that it should be free, but this will depend on the
    costs of production. We don't want our online journal to wobble
    because we don't have adequate support. What I would like to see is
    IFnotCoHCOthenDiSH give a sense of the financial support they would
    be prepared to provide. My sense was that the ACH was going to put
    some of the new funds it got from LLC towards the journal, but I
    can't remember why I thought that and it will be up to the executive.

    I would propose therefore that the publications committee poll the
    ACH and ALLC exec to see if they would provide a total of around
    $5,000 a year for 5 years as a commitment to an online journal. If
    the winning bid can document why they need more (costs of
    translation, for example), then the pub committee would go back to
    the organizations and dicker.

    Yours,

    Geoffrey R.