Re: Name

From: John Unsworth (unsworth@uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 10:11:17 EDT

    On May 13, 2004, at 7:38 PM, Geoffrey Rockwell wrote:

    > John,
    >
    > I would suggest one of these two:
    >
    > Organization of Humanities Computing Organizations (ohco.org)
    >
    > [OHCO could stand for OHCO is not another Humanities Computing
    > Organization :-)]
    >
    > or
    >
    > Consortium of Humanities Computing Organizations (cohco.org)
    >
    > Both echo something from our history. COCOA was the first concordance
    > program on the Atlas at Oxford, if my memory serves, from which we got
    > the COCOA markup language used in TACT and other programs.
    >
    > I like them both. What do others think?

    OHCO, Inc. is one of the largest dealers of and processors of textile
    remnants, fabric stock lots, closeouts, overruns, and wiping cloths.

    Ohco/Oriental Herb Company

    COHCO appears to be a french artist, working in textiles:

    http://www.legoutdumonde.fr/14DbioCOHCO.htm

    We'll rise to the top of Google a lot quicker with COHCO, actually, and
    it's not likely to be identified with a particular theoretical
    statement within the field, which--whatever the value of the
    joke--might say more than we wish to say. Shall I go ahead and park
    cohco.org?

    John