Publications again

From: Elisabeth Burr (Elisabeth.Burr@uni-duisburg.de)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 15:04:19 EST

    Dear all,

    I am very sorry that I have been so quiet but after having been away from
    the net
    for 2 weeks and because of work overflow at the start of semester I
    completely lost
    track and had to read through the whole discussion first. That's why I am
    not replying
    to any particular mail but will try to send a few mails each concerning an
    individual to-
    pic so that they find their way into the order of the archive. Hope this
    will work.

    I am not the best judge on what concerns CHUM because I do not understand
    the prob-
    lems well but I accept that there are substantial ones and that a new
    arrangement seems
    to be necessary.

    I do not need to say anything about how things are going to work if LLC
    becomes the
    journal of the umbrella organisation because John has already made clear
    the question.
    I like the idea of LLC becoming such a journal but I think it will not be
    enough to have
    just a journal if as we hope many organisations join ADHO. I think we need
    to think of
    a book series as well where specific (interdisciplinary) topics could be
    treated.

    I am all for an electronic journal, as well. Perhaps it should not just
    duplicate papers which
    have been publishes already in LLC but could serve its own goal or add
    value to papers /
    books published in print in LLC or the series. Again there was a lot on
    this in one of John's
    contributions.

    I like the idea of pooling WWW sites into one WWW site with a mirror
    (perhaps some sort
    of spin off would come handy here, too. Some contribution to the job marked
    would not
    seem a bad idea).

    For what concerns language matters see my following mail on multilingualism.

    Best Elisabeth

    PS: I am going off to Copenhague tomorrow morning to take part in CHiME
    meetings and in
    the IST-Event, i.e. I will be off the discussion again for nearly a week.

    HD Dr. Elisabeth Burr
    Fakultät 2 / Romanistik
    Gerhard-Mercator-Universität
    Geibelstr. 41