Re: Publications

From: Julia Flanders (Julia_Flanders@brown.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 13:06:58 EDT

    A few questions/annotations on Geoffrey's plan, which in general
    sounds very good to me:

    >1. The ACH alters their relationship with CHUM so that member do not
    >have to subscribe to CHUM. It continues to be a choice (ie. they can
    >pay an extra $50 or so to also get CHUM.)

    Would Kluwer continue to offer its discounted CHUM subscription rate
    to ACH members if the relationship were severed? (this is a minor
    point of curiosity, not anything substantive)

    >5. Humanist would continue as is, as would the CHWP.

    I don't know whether CHWP is sufficiently closely tied to the ACH to
    be represented here as part of ACH (and if it's not, would it be
    worth bringing it in officially?). But it seems to me that as long as
    we're overhauling and consolidating, it would be worth talking about
    this corner of the universe as well. Having some sort of preprint
    archive or similar organ would be useful for all of the organizations
    involved. CHWP could certainly use an update--e.g. putting into a
    searchable database form?

    >7. Likewise we pool our WWW sites into one WWW site with a mirror on
    >a different continent (or two.) We pool the funds we have for
    >administering our WWW sites and find a unit willing to run the
    >respective sites for us. One goal for this would be building a
    >long-term archive for ACH/ALLC conference abstracts.

    And perhaps also abstracts from DRH, TEI conferences, other related
    conferences?

    Best, Julia