Re: affiliate rates, conference slots, publications, legality

From: Julia Flanders (Julia_Flanders@brown.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 13:12:49 EDT

    Concerning the management of membership: I wonder whether one of the
    useful blanket functions of ADHO might be to maintain a joint
    membership database, which could be edited by a membership
    representative from each organization? this would allow:

    --easy discovery of who is a member of what
    --easy consolidation of membership lists in case two organizations
    should happen to merge :-)
    --easy computation of whatever rates, discounts, and other quantities
    needed calculating.
    --easy maintenance of unified membership data (addresses, etc.)
    --simplified renewals process

    >For 1. (affiliate conference rates) to work we would need a simple
    >way to be able to compare lists of members so that if COCH/COSH were
    >to offer such a rate to members of ADHO it could easily check names.
    >
    >In general the administration of membership has proven complicated
    >for CC - mainly because no one wants to do the work. I like the idea
    >that better organized organizations might be able to assist smaller
    >ones with membership management.

    All the rest of John's list looks good to me.

    Best, Julia