19.640 Google

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 06:32:10 +0000

                   www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                        www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                     Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu

         Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 06:16:29 +0000
         From: "dennis c.l." <cyberdennis_at_gmail.com>
         Subject: Re: 19.634 Google

I agree that this discussion has escaped the bounds of Humanist's
usual sphere of interests. I do not wish to belabour the point but the
"point" I'm trying to make is that the term democracy means government
by the people. If you want to talk about a government that respects
human rights or is generally "nice" to its citizens don't use the term
"democracy" use "liberal" or "approved by US government inspectors" or
anything else that comes to mind, but not "democracy" for this term
has its own meaning and this meaning does not include "human rights"
or "niceness" in general.
dennis cintra leite

On 2/28/06, Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty
<willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>) <willard_at_lists.village.virginia.edu>