14.0210 naming God & submarine mysteries

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 08:55:34 CUT

       [1] From: "Gerda Elata" <gerda@bgumail.bgu.ac.il>
             Subject: Re: 14.0196 what if we succeeded?

       [2] From: "Osher Doctorow" <osher@ix.netcom.com> (23)
             Subject: The Newton-Fermat-Submarine Mystery

             Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:20:32 +0100
             From: "Gerda Elata" <gerda@bgumail.bgu.ac.il>

    According to a Jewish mystical tradition, the Torah - read aright - consists
    of all the names of God.
    When the Torah was revealed to Moses, he "saw" its letters written in one
    single sequence in black fire on white fire, and "heard" (from the mouth of
    God) the division of the sequence into words. The division into the names of
    God will be revealed at the end of time.

    Gerda Elata-Alster