5.0778 Qs: Texts without E; Keyboards; Just So Stories (4/70)

Thu, 19 Mar 1992 18:54:20 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0778. Thursday, 19 Mar 1992.

(1) Date: Thu, 19 Mar 92 09:11:35 CST (18 lines)
From: (Dennis Baron) <baron@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: texts without e

(2) Date: Wed, 18 Mar 92 22:32:27 PST (15 lines)
From: cbf@athena.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Scriptorium of San Pedro de Carden~a

(3) Date: Thu, 19 Mar 92 22:31:01 GMT (14 lines)
From: DEL2@phx.cam.ac.uk
Subject: Quiet Keyboards

(4) Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1992 19:30 CST (23 lines)
From: "John D. Jones" <6563JONESJ@VMS.CSD.MU.EDU>
Subject: Rudyard Kipling's JUST SO STORIES

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 92 09:11:35 CST
From: (Dennis Baron) <baron@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>

A month or two ago there was a brief discussion on either Linguist
or Humanist about a kind of word play in which texts are composed
without the letter e. Unfortunately I didn't pay all that much
attention to it, but now it turns out I need to find out the name
of this activity. I'm sorry but I still haven't learned to retrieve
archive indexes of old discussions (why do I keep putting this off?).
Can anyone supply that name? Thanks.

Dennis Baron debaron@uiuc.edu
Dept. of English office: 217-244-0568
University of Illinois messages: 217-333-2392
608 S. Wright St fax: 217-333-4321
Urbana IL 61801