5.0380 Qs: Using RLIN; OUP email; DATABASE address (3/53)

Thu, 10 Oct 1991 19:15:24 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0380. Thursday, 10 Oct 1991.

(1) Date: Thu, 10 Oct 91 7:41:27 EDT (23 lines)
From: Ed Haupt <haupt@pilot.njin.net>
Subject: Making the irregular, regular

(2) Date: Wed, 09 Oct 91 16:37:39 EDT (10 lines)
From: SIMION@IVEUNCC
Subject: email address for OUP

(3) Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1991 11:37:34 +0200 (EET) (20 lines)
From: LBJUDY@VMSA.TECHNION.AC.IL
Subject: DATABASE journal address

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 91 7:41:27 EDT
From: Ed Haupt <haupt@pilot.njin.net>

I had a bright idea--use RLIN as a source for bibliographies that might
be more complete than encyclopedia entries for a data base on people who
are relevant to psychology.

I thought I could just log the screen and perhaps simply edit the text
file into a useful, comma-delimited form for input to a data base. I
tried it for V (and other spellings) Bekhterev (57 entries) and Lou
(once Lois, several times Frau) Andreas-Salome'. Some of the difficulties
seem daunting, including lack of places, publishers for B., diverse
spellings for the same publisher for Lou, etc.

Has anyone else tried something like this? Does anyone have a sed
script, a WordPerfect macro, or a shareware program?

Edward J. Haupt voice: (201) 893-4327
Department of Psychology internet: haupt@pilot.njin.net
Montclair State College bitnet: haupt@njin
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043