5.0381 Rs: Light Rhyme in Fr.; Image DBMSs; CAI Humor (3/62)

Thu, 10 Oct 1991 19:17:37 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 5, No. 0381. Thursday, 10 Oct 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1991 22:18 EDT (23 lines)
From: "Michel (mgrimaud@lucy.wellesley.edu\") GRIMAUD"
Subject: Light Rhyme

(2) Date: Wed, 9 Oct 91 21:23:59 CST (29 lines)
From: (Gerhard Obenaus) <gobenaus@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: RE:5.0375 Qs: DBMS/Images

(3) Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1991 12:14:28 +0200 (EET) (10 lines)
From: LBJUDY@VMSA.TECHNION.AC.IL
Subject: Use of humor in CAI

Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1991 22:18 EDT
From: "Michel (mgrimaud@lucy.wellesley.edu\") GRIMAUD"

I am still not clear what "light rhyme" means exactly but it sounds like
it does not exist in French. At least I've never seen it in any of the
many reference books on French poetry I own.

It does sound a little like "rime non grammaticale", one of the ways one
refers to rhymes that belong to two different grammatical categories --
an allegedly desirable trait.

The standard book on French versification still remains an old one
written in English:

L. E. Kastner
A History of French Versification
Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1903

but it has nothing to say about "light rhymes" although it spends many
useful pages on rhymes in general.

Michel Grimaud