3.1132 e-text-bored? Turbo Font? Hellenologophiles? (97)

Mon, 5 Mar 90 20:47:14 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1132. Monday, 5 Mar 1990.

(1) Date: Sun, 4 Mar 90 15:46:53 EST (21 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>
Subject: Approaching the year 2000 with e-etexts

(2) Date: Mon, 05 Mar 90 09:31:52 CST (13 lines)
From: DS014805@NDSUVM1
Subject: Turbo-Font

(3) Date: Mon, 05 Mar 90 16:43:40 GMT (40 lines)
From: MFFGKGN@CMS.MANCHESTER-COMPUTING-CENTRE.AC.UK
Subject: Word-processing for ancient Greek

Date: Sun, 4 Mar 90 15:46:53 EST
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>

I am very curious as to why, when it is so obvious that the paper
libraries are going to be replaced by electronic libraries, and that
textbooks are to be replaced with disks, as to why such a great
proportion of our electronic mail readers (who should be more likely to
accept electronic books) are not interested or actively showing negative
interest in e-etext and e-libraries.

Thank you for your interest,

Michael S. Hart, Director, Project Gutenberg
National Clearinghouse for Machine Readable Texts

BITNET: HART@UIUCVMD INTERNET: HART@VMD.CSO.UIUC.EDU
(*ADDRESS CHANGE FROM *VME* TO *VMD* AS OF DECEMBER 18!!**)
(THE GUTNBERG SERVER IS LOCATED AT GUTNBERG@UIUCVMD.BITNET)