[tei-council] they come to bite us: biblScope/@type fallout

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Fri Dec 19 07:50:51 EST 2014

Hi all,

Following the removal of biblScope/@type, P5-Test and P5-Documentation
built OK, but the main build failed because of the ENRICH schema, which
I know nothing about. I guess we have two options: customize the ENRICH
schema to add back @type on <biblScope>, or modify ENRICH so that it
uses @unit instead.

Since ENRICH seems to be an interchange format, the former seems the
better option, so I'll proceed on that basis; if you know differently,
please shout. It looks like Lou was heavily involved in ENRICH:

<http://projects.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ENRICH/Deliverables/referenceManual_en.html>

If the project is still very active, and has some method of discussing
and propagating change, we could suggest that they incorporate this
change into their schema through whatever mechanisms they usually use.