[tei-council] standoff

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 28 09:34:54 EST 2014

if <standOff> becomes a member of model.profileDescPart, its a bit awkward. current members are:

corpus: particDesc settingDesc textDesc
header: abstract calendarDesc creation langUsage textClass
transcr: handNotes listTranspose

and you’d think that particDesc (“patricides”, according to apple autocorrect), handNotes and listTranspose
really belong in <standOff>. Obviously <standOff> would need some grouping
ability too.

I am not sure we can do this elegantly without some backward incompatibility.

I assume that in some future P6 world, we’d remove the model.global.metadata things from
model.global, but thats way down the line.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.