[tei-council] F2F Duke

Paul Schaffner PFSchaffner at umich.edu
Thu Nov 13 18:03:55 EST 2014

Travel being what it is, one needs to adapt to circumstances.
My plan is to arrive, check the arrival board for your flight(s)
(which are?) and then take the National Car Rental shuttle
outside of baggage claim in Terminal 2 to pick up a car, then
find a place to park it and/or pull up to the arrivals door at
Terminal 2, depending on schedule. I will look for any breadcrumbs
from you two, whether by phone, SMS, or (if wifi allows) email.
Failing that, I'll hang suspiciously around baggage claim for
a while. Not knowing the terminal, I don't know of any place
better to wait for people.  I think Terminal 1 is only for SW Airlines,
everyone else using Terminal 2. To judge from the online map.

Maybe I'll even carry my UK phone too, since James probably has
that one in his address book. I think it's +44 (0)755 196 7920

pfs

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014, at 12:21, James Cummings wrote:
> On 11/11/14 17:20, Paul Schaffner wrote:
> > I have bowed to local custom and arranged a car hire at RDU
> > at ca. 3 pm on Saturday. Whether I'll be able to navigate it to
> > our destination in a strange city is an open question, but I'd be
> > glad to share the experience with anyone else arriving on Saturday
> > -- or Sunday for that matter. I could shuttle everyone, if need be.
>
> If it takes you a couple hours to do so, then I'm sure Lou and I
> might like a ride.
>
> > * some may recognize sites of previous Council and/or DRH(A)
> > meetings.
>
> You know we now have this thing called Google Maps, right?  I
> know the artistry and benefits of having a physical object trumps
> the digital though.
>
> -James
>
> --
> Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
> Academic IT Services, University of Oxford

Paul Schaffner  Digital Library Production Service
PFSchaffner at umich.edu | http://www.umich.edu/~pfs/