[tei-council] F2F Duke

Peter Stadler stadler at edirom.de
Tue Nov 11 09:48:26 EST 2014

Am 11.11.2014 um 00:28 schrieb Martin Holmes <mholmes at UVIC.CA>:

>> i dont feel that strongly, tho.
>
> I think I do, on this one.

I knew this topic could get very emotional so please excuse if the brevity of my message led to any confusion. It was by no means my intention to propose or suggest any change of current version control system (although I have my preferences …) or to impose any hierarchy on our community of pares. It’s just not completely clear to me (still being a newbie on Council) how and (how many) repositories the Council maintains and what kind of mechanisms we have for "quality control“ there. I know we have Mr. Jenkins but I wonder whether it’s providing that sort of assurance I’m thinking of.
Something that concerns me along these lines is e.g. the notion of „experimental features“ (current Pure ODD). Have we decided yet how to cope with these things (branching vs. deprecation-style-annotation)? Sorry if it’s just me being ignorant?!

Best
Peter