[tei-council] tei-c.org web stats?

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Oct 13 12:32:57 EDT 2014

Hi James,

On 14-10-13 08:47 AM, James Cummings wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> We have google analytics running on the www.tei-c.org site, but
> don't have it running on wiki.tei-c.org.  I can give access to
> anyone who wants and sends me their google account details access
> to the google analytics for the former.

My google id is martindholmes.

> For HTML rendered pages (i.e. XML, schemas etc. don't trigger
> google analytics) there were 25855 sessions, 20297 users, and
> 83772 pageviews over the last month since 12 September 2014.
> (698398 pageviews over the last year).
>
> A large number of those page views (15%) in the last month have
> been for /release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/BIB.html for some
> reason.... but I wonder if this is because we have search engines
> spidering it. 57.12% Chrome, 22.08% Firefox, 10.32 % Safari,
> 5.76% Internet Explorer, 1.62% Android Browser, etc.

That'll be it. It's possible that every bibl link on a Glines page will
send a spider off to crawl it, because it has a different fragment id on
the end of it.

> Looking over the couple releases we have no real discernible hop
> in numbers immediately after release. We do have a weekly pattern
> of work-week traffic of 800-1100 sessions per day dropping to
> 300-500 sessions per day on the weekend.

Interesting. Releases seem such a big deal to us, but I guess they don't
really matter to most regular users.