[tei-council] <content> vs <mixedContent>

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 3 15:15:30 EDT 2014

On 03/10/14 17:28, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On 3 Oct 2014, at 16:55, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> The reason for treating it differently is that a serialization can have
>> a zero length textnode, which is not quite the same as an empty element.
> there is a difference in the info set, but not in the serialisation. how can
> there be?

Sorry to have set that hare running... my comment was misleading. This
is not about the difference between <foo/> and <foo>
</foo>, though that is another interesting discussion.

The point I was trying to make is that assming <bar> has a content model
like
<sequence><textNode/><elementRef key="foo"/></sequence>

it can be satisfied by either of the following
or

  because a <textNode> can always match nothing.