[tei-council] Take a quick look through the Guidelines

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Tue Sep 9 17:46:27 EDT 2014

I was just caught by this: in an ODD I'd created, I'd listed in the
documentation the values for an attribute manually. Suddenly the
specList above also generated the same list, so it appeared twice in my
documentation. I think others might be caught in the same way. This is a
result of its being added to general ODD processing, and finding its way
out into the TEI add-on in Oxygen; it doesn't have much bearing on
whether it should be turned off for the Guidelines themselves. But I'm
inclined to say it should be turned off, because no-one has ever asked
for it in the Guidelines, and it will make pages much bigger and harder
to skim.