[tei-council] rationalizing special list content

Syd Bauman syd at paramedic.wwp.northeastern.edu
Mon Sep 8 15:46:22 EDT 2014

[Warning: intended to be read (as most my e-mail is) using a
fixed-width, aka "monospaced", typeface.]

Working on bug 658 I find that the content models of special lists
are as follows:

 element listEvent    { ( model.headLike*, ( event | listEvent )+,             ( relation | listRelation )* ) }
 element listNym      { ( model.headLike*, ( nym | listNym )+,                 ( listRelation | relation )* ) }
 element listOrg      { ( model.headLike*, ( org | listOrg )+,                 ( listRelation | relation )* ) }
 element listPerson   { ( model.headLike*, ( model.personLike | listPerson )+, ( relation | listRelation )*)  }
 element listPlace    { ( model.headLike*, ( model.placeLike | listPlace )+,   ( listRelation | relation )*)  }
 element listRelation { ( model.pLike+ | relation+ ) }

I am planning to update these to the following:

 element listEvent    { ( model.headLike*, ( event | listEvent )+,             ( relation | listRelation )* ) }
 element listNym      { ( model.headLike*, ( nym | listNym )+,                 ( relation | listRelation )* ) }
 element listOrg      { ( model.headLike*, ( org | listOrg )+,                 ( relation | listRelation )* ) }
 element listPerson   { ( model.headLike*, ( model.personLike | listPerson )+, ( relation | listRelation )*)  }
 element listPlace    { ( model.headLike*, ( model.placeLike | listPlace )+,   ( relation | listRelation )*)  }
 element listRelation { ( model.headLike*, ( relation | listRelation )+ ) }

I.e., I'm going to

 0) Allow <listRelation> inside <listRelation> (per the
    Council-approved ticket)

 1) re-arrange some of the elements within the models just to make it
    consistent. These changes will have no effect on which documents
    are valid on which are not.

 2) add model.headLike* to <listRelation>, which Council did not
    approve, but seems like a general purpose good idea.