[tei-council] French example tweaks

Syd Bauman syd at paramedic.wwp.northeastern.edu
Mon Sep 8 15:30:53 EDT 2014

I just noticed two French examples that could use some attention.
(I was thinking of Lou, but anyone who speaks French reasonably well
would be a step better than me. :-)

1.
--
The 2nd French example in Source/Specs/filiation.xml looks like it
has (at least) 2 errors:
  <listPerson>
    <person xml:id="pFp2" role="relieur">
      <persName>
        <addName>Le Gascon</addName>
      </persName>
      <affiliation>Atelier</affiliation>
      <residence>Paris<placeName/> </residence>
  <!--                 ^^^^^^^^^ = empty placeName? -->
    </person>
    <person role="ancien possesseur"> </person>
  <!--                              ^^^ empty person? -->
  </listPerson>
I'm pretty sure that first error is just that the placeName tags
should surround "Paris":
      <residence><placeName>Paris</placeName></residence>
But I'm not at all sure about the empty person. I think it belongs
there (otherwise this is not much of a <listPerson>), but wonder what
the content should be. The previous French example has the same value
for role=, so maybe this is a copy of that? Or maybe the content
should just be "<!-- ... -->" to indicate "stuff goes here"?

2.
--
In Source/Guidelines/en/ND-NamesDates.xml within section "NDGEOGmp",
in the Mascarene Islands example, some of the place names are clearly