[tei-council] List @type musings

Syd Bauman syd at paramedic.wwp.northeastern.edu
Wed Aug 6 13:47:15 EDT 2014

Hey, Martin --

It's not that I feel @rend is not the right way to do this. Yeah, I
have a mild preference for @rendition, or even @style, but certainly
not a big one. I think it's that I'm nervous about the Guidelines
making suggestions about what the values of @rend should be. I think
I have some bit set in the back of my mind that holds that the
Guidelines should either be recommending a complete system for
describing how text on a page (or other TBO) looked, or leaving @rend
as a grab-bag for projects to decide about.

Yeah, that's what makes me uncomfortable with a <valList> (even an
open one) for @rend. After all, there are *no* other <valList>s for
@rend in the Guidelines; and I suspect there never have been.

Perhaps I just need to reset that bit ...