[tei-council] List @type musings

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 06:46:50 EDT 2014

Maybe this is just gilding the lily, but it might be good to make each
<desc> use the same form of words.At the moment each one is different
("each list item glosses...", "list items form...", "each list item
is...", "the list items constitute...", "the list forms...") which seems
like needless variation. I would prefer "each item <verb> ..." thus
"each item contains a gloss or explanation for the term or concept given
by the label element preceding it", "each item contains an entry in an
index such as ...", "each item contains a step in... ", "each item
contains part of..." , "each item contains one component of a syllogism,
comprising two or more premises followed by a conclusion" (The last one
is interesting: how would we tag a syllogism with two conclusions?)

On examples: I think I would  definitely try to include (but cut down)
some of Paul's real life examples. The existing Aelfric one could be
improved by giving it a @type.

Real examples are always preferable (but Paul, we need source citations!)