[tei-council] DTD generation and overriding @rend, again

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 3 10:27:07 EDT 2014

On 03/08/14 12:53, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> My
>> guess would be that anyone sophisticated enough to know what to do with
>> them has long moved on to RNG or XSD.
> i am inclined to agree. but there may be communities in rural Montana who
> cling to the Old True Ways.

I am sure there are some very sophisticated people in rural Montana too,
however, the real problem is that those hypothetical old timers probably
won't be reading TEI-L either. Until all their systems break, of course,
(FWIW, my guess is that iff people ARE still using DTDs they are MORE
likely to be using the parameterised version, not less, since this is
what we used to
require.