[tei-council] Guidelines build temporarily borked

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 07:05:06 EDT 2014

On 30/07/14 11:51, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> naaaaasty one.
>
> you have overridden @rend on <list> in order to give a semi-closed value list; because @rend is part of att.global, you
> can no longer simply inherit att. global; so instead you inherit all the other components separately. however, the vagaries
> of DTDs means that those components are not declared yet, whereas the composite att. global _is_.

Makes sense. So the proper solution is probably to declare a new
superclass of att.global called att.styling or some such containing
@rend @rendition @style and have att.global inherit that. That class can
then be predeclared in the right place in ST.

> frankly, I’d suggest you simply  drop the nice suggested value list for list/@rend. We don’t suggest values
> for @rend anywhere else, so why do so here?

Makes good sense too!

> sorting out the underlying processing code to support what you’ve (which was entirely
> technically correct) will be hard; I at least wouldn’t look at it in time for next release,
> and I suspect it would be a big ask for someone else to grok odd2dtd in a hurry

I don't mind having a go at my proposed solution above if people feel
strongly that absence of the proposed value list would be a release breaker