[tei-council] Guidelines build temporarily borked

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 06:51:15 EDT 2014

naaaaasty one.

you have overridden @rend on <list> in order to give a semi-closed value list; because @rend is part of att.global, you
can no longer simply inherit att. global; so instead you inherit all the other components separately. however, the vagaries
of DTDs means that those components are not declared yet, whereas the composite att. global _is_.

frankly, I’d suggest you simply  drop the nice suggested value list for list/@rend. We don’t suggest values
for @rend anywhere else, so why do so here?

sorting out the underlying processing code to support what you’ve (which was entirely
technically correct) will be hard; I at least wouldn’t look at it in time for next release,
and I suspect it would be a big ask for someone else to grok odd2dtd in a hurry
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.