[tei-council] Teleconference on Friday 1 August

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 11:36:59 EDT 2014

Hi all,

A quick reminder that we're meant to be having a teleconference
this Friday August 1st.  I'll post reminder details about the
numbers, etc. in the next day or so.

I've started up a draft agenda page at:

http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Council_agenda_2014-08

Please *DO* add your agenda items to it. Go on, right now, you
know you want to.

Also the minutes are published (thanks to MH for putting them up
as I'm no longer easily to upload things to OpenCMS because of
well java applets.)

http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Meetings/tcm60.xml

You'll notice the big list of actions... some of which say that
there are things you've meant to already do.  Those actions don't
contain the actions for tickets, just the other ones... so as a
reminder some of them include:

===
Action: All of Council: read the correspDesc proposal (wiki page,
github) by *Aug. 1 and send comments to Council list, Discussion
ensues on Council list for 1 month*, PWS will synthesize back to
the corresp group after that.

Action: on HC/JC/MH (and other interested parties): discuss
appPart on ticket FR492.

Action: on SB to nail down date of release in next couple weeks.

Action: on JC: Ask TEI Board: Should we continue to support so
many languages? Should we prioritize translation into other ‘less
obvious’ languages eg Arabic, Hindi, Hebrew? How can the Board
best support the community of translators?

Action: on all Council to read the wiki page on FR460
(list/@type) feedback to MH & SB *within a week*.
===

Have you read the correspDesc proposal and sent comments to this
list?
Have you sent feedback to MH&SB concerning list/@type?

Just a friendly reminder,
-James