[tei-council] rowing back on <mixedContent>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 7 02:23:30 EDT 2014

On 7 Jul 2014, at 02:30, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:

> The result would be a call for one or more elements from a choice of two
> empty models. I believe that an ODD processor should be required in this
> case to delete the models completely, resulting in an empty content
> model for <availability>, which would make it an empty element (again,
> not insane because it has @status which is enough to specify the
> availability of a document).

or should an error be thrown, because you have gone against the wish of the
ODDer, who asked for oneOrMore elements?

> I think the deletion of the empty model must be required, otherwise the
> content model above would be completely non-deterministic; the empty
> element could have been arrived at by any combination of the empty
> models comprising its content model.

hmm, i dont think XSD or DTD care about "empty | empty”. its all a matter of
what element choices come out, which are in this case none

Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.