[tei-council] allowText

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 14:04:08 EDT 2014

On 9 Jun 2014, at 17:42, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Interesting debate (not for now) -- what non-XML features would we actually like to build into pure ODD ? The world is not exactly clamouring for mixed content models with text in funny places, so far as I can tell.

the world’s not clamouring for XML at all, and certainly not clamouring for schema validation, so we’re
kind of niche. but people are weird. if they want to say "a? space b?” who are we to stop them.

> How might we say in pure ODD that one element can overlap another?

well now, thats a good question. if only i had enough space in the margin…..

> I am curious about this, cos you must have understood case (a) in the same way as I do once. Else why did you implement it that way?

mysterious are my ways. but yes, I recognise that the output generated is the least worst way of saying _something_
from the notation, but that doesn’t mean I think its right.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.