[tei-council] Wot is wrong with my ODD?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 8 05:40:35 EDT 2014

On 8 Jun 2014, at 10:07, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>> Are you saying that the presence of allowText generates an implicit alternate?
>
> krekt
>
>> As it stands, I would suggest what you have above is contradictory and impossible to satisfy
>
> once you allow text, a sequence child would be invalid and an alternate would be redundant (if we stick in the world of xml).

trouble is, you can only satisfy that model in XML by generating an implicit alternate;  but if we went beyond
XML, it appears to mean   "a, text, b, text, c, text”, i.e. the default if there is no wrapper is a sequence.
I am not sure we should even allow multiple elementRef as direct child of content, because its ambiguous.

if you remove @allowText, do you agree its a sequence?
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.