[tei-council] Wot is wrong with my ODD?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 8 05:07:07 EDT 2014

On 08/06/14 08:17, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Carved in stone on my iPad
>
>> On 8 Jun 2014, at 00:10, "Lou Burnard" <lou.burnard at retired.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> My mistake. You want
>>
>> <elementSpec ident="seg" mode="change">
>>     <content allowText="true">
>>              <elementRef key="orgName"/>
>>              <elementRef key="persName" />
>>              <elementRef key="choice" />
>>              <elementRef key="seg" />
>>              <elementRef key="trait"/>
>>        </content>
>> </elementSpec>
>>

>> @allowText has a lot of side effects...
> Are you saying that the presence of allowText generates an implicit alternate?

krekt

> As it stands, I would suggest what you have above is contradictory and impossible to satisfy

once you allow text, a sequence child would be invalid and an alternate
would be redundant (if we stick in the world of xml). both also open the
door to invalid xml by tweaking of occurrence attributes

clearly we need some scematron rules to explain this

i did consider a special mixedContent element but then you'd have to use
that with empty content to mean text only which seemed weirder