[tei-council] Wot is wrong with my ODD?

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Sat Jun 7 17:33:29 EDT 2014

Hi Sebastian,

On 14-06-07 09:50 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On 6 Jun 2014, at 23:18, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to create a content model for <seg> using the new TEI ODD
>> elements. I want to allow any of a small number of elements, with text
>> mixed in, or just text.
>
> i am not convinced that what you want is legal in XML

I must have explained it wrong. It's a mixed-content element with any of
a set of subelements and/or text in between them. Surely that's what
tei:p is?

I don't want them in a fixed order. I said @preserveOrder="false" --
isn't that what @preserveOrder is for?

> you also can’t have a choice between “text” or “text with elements”. doesn’t make sense.

No, I agree. I want mixed content which may or may not include text or
any of the elements, just like tei:p.

No. As it says, @preserveOrder="false". It could be that I'm completely
misunderstanding what @preserveOrder is for, though.