[tei-council] @calendar and @datingMethod

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 22 10:35:16 EDT 2014

On 21/05/14 16:08, Martin Holmes wrote:
>> (Yes, I know that is a problem, but is consistently a problem in
>> many standards across the intertubes.)
>
> Actually, @scheme handles this, now I look at it. It ignores namespaces
> and just uses a text identifier. But I think we could assert in the
> Guidelines that
>
> att[not(@scheme) or @scheme='TEI']/text() = //attDef/@ident
>
> or something like that.

Sure, we can assert that, and a good test for our uses, but it
doesn't stop the fact that many other standards also use the null
namespace for their attributes and I hear people refer to
attributes "in the TEI namespace" when they aren't, technically.
  Only a problem really when combining documents, but maybe
something we should mention somewhere, if we don't.

-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk