[tei-council] multiple representations of a graphic/media

Fabio Ciotti fabio.ciotti at uniroma2.it
Sun May 4 15:00:14 EDT 2014

I agree with Lou, don't like the nesting solution for semantic
reasons, even if it can be bounded to a good processing model. Nesting
in general means that something is part of something else (in various
ways) and this is not the case, since we have a parallelism of
sources.

A TEI as-is compatible solution could be to insert <media> inside
<figure>, so that you can put in sequence as many <media> elements as
many formats you have. This of copurse soounds odd for video and
especially for audio again for semantic reason, but the power of
metaphor can give an help here. Otherwise I'd suggest to give a
structure to <media> similar to that of <figure>, or better of METS
<fileGrp>

My 2 cents

Fabio