[tei-council] attRef/@class not valid?

Martin Holmes mholmes at uvic.ca
Mon Apr 28 14:57:42 EDT 2014

The UVic Jenkins is a fresh build from this morning. The problem seems
to be that this kind of structure is being generated, with duplicate ids:

<pattern xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
                   id="tei_odds-relatedItem-targetorcontent1-constraint">
             <rule context="tei:relatedItem">
                <sch:report xmlns:sch="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
                            xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
                            xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"
                            xmlns:teix="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples"
                            xmlns:rng="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
                            test="@target and count( child::* ) &gt; 0">
If the @target attribute on <sch:name/> is used, the
relatedItem element must be empty</sch:report>
             </rule>
          </pattern>
                <sch:assert xmlns:sch="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
                            xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
                            xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"
                            xmlns:teix="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples"
                            xmlns:rng="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
                            test="@target or child::*">A relatedItem
element should have either a 'target' attribute
         or a child element to indicate the related bibliographic
item</sch:assert>
             </rule>
          </pattern>

whereas in the old version (still showing on Oxford Jinks at
<http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/release/xml/tei/custom/schema/relaxng/tei_odds.rng>)
the patterns have different ids:

  <pattern xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
                   id="tei_odds-relatedItem-targetorcontent1-constraint-3">
             <rule context="tei:relatedItem">
                <sch:report xmlns:sch="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
                            xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
                            xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"
                            xmlns:teix="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples"
                            xmlns:rng="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
                            test="@target and count( child::* ) &gt; 0">
If the @target attribute on <sch:name/> is used, the
relatedItem element must be empty</sch:report>
             </rule>
          </pattern>
          <pattern xmlns="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
                   id="tei_odds-relatedItem-targetorcontent1-constraint-6">
             <rule context="tei:relatedItem">
                <sch:assert xmlns:sch="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"
                            xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
                            xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0"
                            xmlns:teix="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/Examples"
                            xmlns:rng="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"
                            test="@target or child::*">A relatedItem
element should have either a 'target' attribute
         or a child element to indicate the related bibliographic
item</sch:assert>
             </rule>
          </pattern>

These are the relevant version headers:

OXFORD (OLDER):
<!--
Schema generated from ODD source 2014-04-27T19:26:52Z.
Edition: Version 2.6.1alpha. Last updated on
	27th April 2014, revision 12873
Edition Location: http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/P5/Version 2.6.1alpha./

-->

UVIC (NEWER):
<!--
Schema generated from ODD source 2014-04-28T11:26:15Z.
Edition: Version 2.6.1alpha. Last updated on
	28th April 2014, revision 12879