[tei-council] note in sourceDesc

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 18:22:07 EDT 2014

On 12 Mar 2014, at 18:30, Martin Holmes <mholmes at uvic.ca> wrote:
>>  * recommending people use Schematron to constrain <p>
>
> This is the key, really. Very few users know that the Schematron exists, and even fewer know how to write it. It's difficult to know how to overcome this, because it requires XPath skills, and I can't imagine any sort of easy-peasy Roma interface that would make it accessible to novices.

and you think the people who can’t write Schematron can write a Pure ODD construct which has different models for <p>?

if you can’t grok XPath at all, frankly you can’t expect  to get far in working with XML at the level where you talk about constraints.
after all, one suspects that most people dont know or care anything about schemas or constraints of any kind.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.