[tei-council] TEI-Lite XSD (fwd)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Sat Feb 8 07:16:19 EST 2014

On 7 Feb 2014, at 14:23, David Sewell <dsewell at virginia.edu> wrote:

>       I think there is a problem in the last TEI-Lite XSD schema. This schema depends on tei-enrich.xsd and both files contain the same object definition :

This is problematic, as we have 10 XSD files in the same directory, each of which refers to the same copy of xml.xsd,
which produces an inevitable conflict if the schema software follows the route yours does. What puzzles me is that
our testing procedure uses the Xerces  library, which does not find any problem. What is the program you are using
which blows up?

For an immediate fix, I have done a hot fix on the web site to take it back to the state of the previous release,
but I don’t think solves the problem properly. I suspect that if you switched to tei_all.xsd now, the same
issue would come up again.

I am going to look at a different solution for the next release.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.