[tei-council] release 2.6.0: progress report

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at it.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 15:07:09 EST 2014

On 20 Jan 2014, at 16:27, Peter Stadler <stadler at EDIROM.DE> wrote:

> 1. The built of the TEI Guidelines resulted in some warnings (http://bits.nsms.ox.ac.uk:8080/jenkins/job/TEIP5/lastBuild/parsed_console/)

this is an interesting one. the software which makes Debian packages is upset because “2.6.0beta” is
_later_ than 2.6.0, so it thinks we have reverted a version.  I don’t understand its thinking well enough to know how to
resolve this.

> 3. That broke Roma (some broken symlinks, fixed by now)

A truly hideous problem. The link between the Vault copies of versions of the
Guidelines and the system-wide directories which Roma (actually OxGarage) reads
(eg /usr/share/xml/tei/stylesheet/) had got itself in a twist when the new
server was built, so the install of 2.6.0 promptly lost all the XSL stylesheets.

I think its is a rare and exotic happening, and probably doesn’t need an extra check
by releasers.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services

Não sou nada.
Nunca serei nada.
Não posso querer ser nada.
À parte isso, tenho em mim todos os sonhos do mundo.